View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
shakeitsalome
shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I manage the K4NTs of my husband and son with Calibre; they have the SO versions, but since they never turn on the wifi, all they have is a pretty screen with a little note saying "to see your special offers, turn on your wifi" or words to that effect.
Ahh okay. Thank you! I doubt that either way she'll pay attention to the screen when turning it on to read. And if the ads to annoy her later on I'm prepared to pay to have them removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
As for registering, no it shouldn't wipe out the content you have already loaded onto the Kindle, they'll still be there in the documents folder. You don't have to register, you can never turn the WiFi on and continue to sideload books, but you won't be able to sort them into collections, as this feature is only enabled once the Kindle is registered. Obviously your daughter won't be able to buy and download books directly to her Kindle from Amazon either. If she buys any books from Amazon as they'll be registered to her Kindle4PC, she'd need to learn how to 'disinfect' them to read them on her Kindle.
Thanks! I had forgotten about collections.

I think for now I'll just leave it unregistered and continue sideloading. If she asks about collections and getting her books directly from Amazon I'll set that up for her. Of course, she's a bit of a techie and will probably figure out how to do that on her own. I'm not worried about her inadvertently buying something as the only card on her account now is a gift card.

Again, thanks! I'm already so excited to see her reaction when she unwraps it on Christmas. Just yesterday she was reading a book on my mother in-law's KT and was bemoaning the fact she doesn't have a Kindle of her own. So I know she'll be over the moon.
shakeitsalome is offline   Reply With Quote