View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #94
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1, and iPhone XS Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanE View Post
I was surprised that the magnet isn't strong enough to help in holding the cover closed,
The magnet is weak by design. With stronger magnets, when the cover is folded all the way back, the magnetic pull will pass straight through the rear cover and turn off the device. That happened with a lot of the early Nexus 7 covers. They ended up redesigning them and recalling the first batch.

Quote:
I don't know if this is true for the official cover.
I believe the official one has 2 magnets. A weak one in the lower corner, over the wake/sleep mechanism. And a stronger one in the silver clip on the edge. That's the one that keeps it closed. That one is far enough away from the mechanism that it won't affect the device when folded back.

Last edited by Vmurph; 12-07-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Vmurph is offline   Reply With Quote