View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostamiani View Post
Can anyone else test attached files on paperwhite ? These files are optimized using K2PDF Opt.

Is navigation fast ? Is texts selectable ?
It looks like you used OCR on the k2pdfopt conversion of the first attachment, because most of the text in that one is selectable using Sumatra PDF reader on my PC (except for the text inside of a figure, which k2pdfopt does not OCR at this point). I'm not sure how paperwhite will handle it--hopefully it will also be selectable there. The second one will not be selectable as k2pdfopt has no OCR for that language/font (yet)--I've only done English. But that's an issue with how you converted it, not with the paperwhite. Is the second attachment selectable in the source file? You can try using the native PDF output option of k2pdfopt if it is, and that should keep it selectable in the output file, but then you won't be able to use text wrapping / re-flow in the conversion. (You can also try the native PDF option on the first attachment--use the -mode 2col option).

The paperwhite looks pretty fast at handling PDFs--starting to approach tablet capability, with "pinch to zoom" feature. Check out this excellent "triparison" video review at about the 13-minute mark, where the author shows how three "glow" e-readers compare at reading PDF files (paperwhite on the left).
willus is offline   Reply With Quote