View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 03:54 AM   #154
opusitibm
opusitibm began at the beginning.

Device: K3, KT
How do I use this boot loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Attached to this post is the partition table and the (open sourced, free software) boot loader part. It goes to offset 0x0 - after gunzipping it, of course (i.e.: don't flash this file directly).

However, this does not include the device ID part that seems to be at offset 0x00040c00. I'm not sure what exactly the K3 does when there's garbage data in that part, too. And in case you managed to write something to 0x0 of your eMMC device and want to recover, it would depend on the size of that something whether more than this partition table and bootloader is needed.

Kernel, Rootfs and this file do contain most of what you need for recovery, but not everything. I'm not sure what the function of the part is that is referred to as "ISIS" in Amazon's code - however, that could be determined. At least that part (offset 0x00381000, length 0x00040000) hasn't been made available as far as I know. And I would strongly recommend to not make the part that stores the device ID public...
Sorry, I am not a Linux person, can share how to use this in Windows environment? thank you
opusitibm is offline   Reply With Quote