View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #63
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
custom column success

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermopyle View Post

1. Add column of type "Text, column shown in tag browser" and name it Genre or whatever you want.
2. Set the genre values of your books to SciFi, Fantasy, or whatever you want the folder names to be (SFF, in your example, would also work).
3. Set your "send to disk" template to include /{#genre}/ somewhere in the output path.

That should be it for getting SFF or whatever in your folder output, at which point running AKC! will create the appropriate collection.
Worked like a charm with 2 custom columns.

I also read parts of the calibre manual & mobileread threads related to plugboard and template creation and custom and composite column creation. So I played around with all that as well.

Only difficulties now are
1)samples from amazon (which are usually drm-free) will not go into a collection using AKC

2)most books downloaded from amazon will not go into a collection using AKC, although some did. this has actually been a problem with other collection managers that I've tried. will have to see if there's anything in common between them all.

Question - Since AKC appears to re-write collections each time you run it, would any books/files that I move manually into a collection be removed from that collection the next time AKC is run?

Before I devote large quantities of time to manually adding books to collections, I want to find out what happens. I have a few pdfs that I sideloaded onto the kindle that have remained in their original collection through several AKC runs. I'm going to try to manually move some of those uncategorized books and samples into collections. I'll reboot aka update the json file then save it. Then use calibre to put a few more books on the kindle, run AKC, update and see what happens.

Thanks for your help and the program.

ps. ufant = urban fantasy i.e, Patricia Briggs, Ilona Andrews...

pss - rewording - AKC creates the collection but the file that should go into the collection doesn't. collection shows as (0).

Last edited by ElizabethN; 12-18-2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: clarification
ElizabethN is offline   Reply With Quote