View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 02:01 PM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I just read a disturbing review - seems someone's kitty got hold of the string when it was turned off, pulled it out and swallowed a lot of it. Fortunately owner was home. Recommended taking GREAT caution in hiding the end of the string when the unit is off.

Cats love to swallow string, tinsel, etc - and it can be fatal. My little darling found a cassette tape and unrolled and swallowed almost half of it. $2500 later - after a midnight run to the ER with surgery and intensive care - she's fine. I've learned to be VERY careful with string toys.
It does come with the instruction to make sure that the string is in the back when the unit is turned off. I don't even tuck it in, I just let the mechanism roll back so that it stays back there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I had wondered about the product's safety, but swallowing the string never occurred to me. I was wondering if cats could get their paws pinched in the retrieval mechanism.
Hrmm, I don't think so. I'll play with it later to make sure.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote