View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
emoorman
Obsessive Reader
emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nokia 1520
Too Big

Am I the only person in the world that thinks all these ebook readers are too big?

I've been reading books for years on Palm Pilots, Tungstens, Palm Centro phone and a Moto Q Windows Mobile phone (Blackberry size). I have never thought these were too small to read on and I'll be 72 years old in a week or so.

The only problem is battery life. Runs the darn phone down in a day. I starting reading about these ereaders and thought I'd better investigate them. I'm an engineer, so I always investigate first before buying.

They looked good on paper and the computer screen-2 week battery life, store lots of books, most handle several formats. I'd better go fondle one and have plastic ready.

I went to Best Buy and looked at the Sony. They are both huge! The pocket size 300 sure doesn't fit my pocket. Down here in Florida (unless you're a lawyer) we don't were a suit coat very often. Short sleeve dress shirt and a tie, maybe, but even going to lunch, it's usually too hot for a coat. If an ereader isn't going to fit in a dress shirt pocket, forget it.

I take mine to lunch. You know, "I'll have a #2 special, keep the iced tea full and let me read." I take it to the movies with the wife. You have to get there 30-45 minutes early. She watches the commercials until the movie starts and I read.

I am not going to lug one of those gigantic gadgets around. Make me one that uses eink and is the size of my Q or a Blackberry and you've got a sale. I I wanted something to lug around, I'd get a small laptop or one of those slow netbooks.

Ed
emoorman is offline   Reply With Quote