View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 04:09 AM   #6
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
2. There is an option at the bottom of the fetch news dialog that says "Delete news older than x days" use it
I've set this to 1 day, and it faithfully deletes news from my library, but not from my reader?

Also, regarding CPU usage, I've noticed that on my work machine (windows) Calibre does tend to hog the CPU (the machine is a HP 2510p laptop which rather poor CPU cooling and fetching the BBC feed sometimes causes the CPU to overheat so badly the BIOS kicks in and shuts the thing down), this is not nearly as noticeable on my main linux box. I'll try setting the prefs on windows, see if that helps.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote