View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #181
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It takes me 2 minutes to fine tune a well crafted EPUB using a set of Saved CSS fragment clips and REGEX to modify or remove, IMHO unnecessary, attribute duplication.

Unfortunately, not all EPUBs are well crafted.
Coding nightmare would be a better description for some, with major stylistic inconsistencies from file to file within the book (and they actually charged money for the mess that was delivered to the customer (me). I have seen beautifully done FREE books. Beautiful in both Look and coding )
I completely agree with this, though I normally spend more time than that. Personally, I won't be using this option except when someone complains it is broken. I might set it up for my wife so that she can adjust the books I've cleaned up.

This option is for the masses that don't want to get their hands dirty editing their books. It won't work perfectly, but it should be better than what they have. The biggest problem from my point of view is explaining why it didn't do what they wanted.

And a problem with this is that it will probably work better with well crafted books than the rubbish we usually see. The better the code, the easier it is to fix and hence a couple of styles overriding them like this will probably tweak things how people want. The worse the code and the less likely that will happen.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote