View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #75
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I'm not sure where you're getting that. I pay several different editors and have also paid artists. Most of the authors I know pay for at least one editor. I can think of one who...no, I take that back. She does her own copyediting, but she does hire a storyline editor.

There are a number of authors who don't get any editing help, but that is usually because they can't afford it--not because they expected it would be free and it turned out it wasn't. They know it costs something. They just don't always have the money. It's a choice like anything else.
See the post I was initially commenting on (#41). I interpreted that as a writer feeling rather entitled to free/cut-rate help from editors.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote