View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
well, call me naïvely optimistic, but with the proliferation of new devices, more and more publishers catching on, partnerships like Hachette / Sony in France, Penguin selling epub books, Panmacmillan selling drm-free epub books, amazon making the kindle a household name in the US and the significantly more frequent press coverage in the UK (at least), despite the fact that we still have a ways to go (i don't deny that), i *do* think we're getting close to the tipping point.

mind you, when i say "tipping point", i don't at all mean that liseuses will replace paper books completely. i don't see that happening in my lifetime, if ever.

i just mean liseuses entering the mainstream to the point where they're more or less commonplace, and content being at least *nearly* as available in digital form as in paper.

(like ipods, you know ? )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote