View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
VineGal
Enthusiast
VineGal began at the beginning.

Device: Still looking. (Trying Nook Tab and NookST, Don't meet needs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobChuck View Post
Your situation sounds very similar to one that I encountered. I purchased a Nook STR in November primarily to read and use the Zondervan NIV Study Bible.

My Nook came with 1.0.1 installed, but I updated to 1.1.0 right away. My first purchase was the NIV Study Bible from B&N (the description at bn.com claims it still works with e-ink readers), and it never opened for me (the device always delivered a "not responding" dialog).

I spent nearly 12 hours with customer/tech support during 8 phone calls and 2 store visits to learn that the file is too complex for the STR and was issued a refund. (They would not issue one at first, because their system showed that the book was successfully downloaded onto my device.) I also tried side-loading the file and also stripped out the DRM and side-loaded the book with the same results.

I then purchased the basic NIV Bible which works well, but takes nearly 3 minutes from the launch of the title until I am able to read it. I also have a few other reference books with quite a few links, so perhaps there is not enough processing power or memory to handle large amounts of links on the STR.

I too would be curious if others have encountered similar issues on STR devices with 1.1.0.

Its good to know someone else experienced this. My Bible was Zondervan as well.

Im really thinking this has to do with the 1.1.0 update
I was able to open it without any lag when I had the 1.0.1 verion
(Same thing happened on 2 different Nook Touch devices)

Does anyone know if in fact this is a 1.1.0 issue?
If so any suggestions on a workaround.
If not then is my only option to return the Nook Touch and get refund?

Ive had responses jist to leave Wifi off and stay at v1.0.1
But that seems risky. I have a couple of Nook devices so I have to use Wifi to sync notes etc

So the 1.1.0 update would probably catch up to me?Does anyone know of this os a 1.1.0 issue?
VineGal is offline   Reply With Quote