View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecirdr View Post
Sometimes I have to touch the selection/"buttons" over and over for it to register. Other times, things are hyper sensitive. I may just be wanting to scroll, but the Fire keeps opening things from a list.

I even bought a stylus (bamboo by wacom) hoping that would help with the erratic behavior, but while it does seem to help me be more accurate, the sensitivity issues are actually worse! I may be imagining things, but the excessive sensitivity (getting 3-4 letters per tap and getting wildly inaccurate letters (like the backspace/delete registering as l) seems to get worse the longer I use the stylus. After a while it's impossible to go back 1 page in the browser. A single "tap" goes back 2-3 pages. Yet the next thing I try to select won't register for 3 taps.

I've had an iPhone for a year now, but I've never had this problem. I've always been amazed at how it could figure out which letter I was pressing with such a tiny keyboard. ...or that I was wanting to scroll a list, not open something up. I had hoped the Fire would work better since the screen was larger, but this erratic behavior is horrible.

If it were just one thing (unresponsive *or* hyper-responsive) I could figure out a coping mechanism. But with it doing both, I'm stumped. Does anyone else here experience this? I don't see many people mentioning this. I've had my Fire since day one. Did I get a dud?

I have no other problems other than this.

Thanks for any feedback.
There are few things that can cause this.

1. The apps not optimized for the Fire.
Like Mantano has issues with this. If I open the menu with the menu key sometimes it wont work at all. the menu opens but I can do anything but if I open it with the tap it works just fine. This is something the developer would have to fix. There are few other problems I have in other 3rd party apps and Silk. So it could be that particular app has issue with the Fire.

Silk is buggy! It's not the Fire it's the app. Try another browser like Opera Mobile and you will see what I am mean. The arrow cursor mover is also buggy but my phone is the same way so it's an Android issue. Not easy fixable.

2. Another thing is Screen Protectors. Not all screen protectors out there are compatible with the Fire's Touch system. There are some cheap one out that say they are but they do mess with the sensitivity of the Touch system on the Fire. The one I currently has does so I brought a different one to put on it.

3. Another one is your fingers are too cold it can be less responsive. It's winter where I am at and I am anemic so I have to keep my fingers warm!

4. Last is the screen may have too much dirt and fingerprints to be read the touches correctly. Take a soft microfiber cloth and clean it. Too much oil on the screen can cause it to really not listen to your fingers. I find on my phone after ever call I have to clean it as it gets all yucky.

5. If you use Screen Filter app this normal behavior. It messes with the sensitivity of the Fire but it's the only alternative out there for night time reading. The lower the setting the worse it is. You have to disable it to install apps because it wont even let you click on the install button.

6. Try another stylus yours could be defective. Make sure it's really Fire compatible.

The Fire responds to light feather touches best and patience. You need count between touches Touch, Touch seldom will work. The Android system doesn't think that fast. You could try Touch...1.2.3...Touch. You will find some parts of android are fast responders and others need time to think. Typing is one of these. One finger typing works best with this keyboard. I've yet to find any Android keyboard that listens to what I type. Auto correct comes to my rescue. In landscape it works better though with typing.

In Mantano if you do too many things at one it buzzes you. You wont feel that on the Fire though. Too bad the Fire doesn't have it could teach others how to wait properly before touching anything else.

Use the pad of your finger and make sure you are hitting the exact area. Some areas are too small to hit with a forefinger and you will find your pinky works best like certain sliders. This is an Android issue as I have the same problem on my phone.

Last it could be defective. It's always possibility. You could do a factory reset like SCION suggested and see if that helps any but I would start with cleaning the screen with a dab of water and a microfiber cloth first.

If nothing else what I wrote helps call Amazon and have it replaced.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote