View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 12:56 AM   #6
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
Well, to be blunt, there are probably few non-celebrities that get a $2 million advance. So of course she took the deal.

Heck, I bet the vast majority of people working as offers have never made $2 million in their career. A lot of semi-big names couldn't even support themselves full time as a writer and had to work second jobs. Or if they do, they do a lot of editing work.
The article seems to say that she made 2 million just from her self published sales, but didn't state her advance. At least that was how I interpreted the bit quoted by the OP. No doubt her advance was hefty, though. Edit: reading through it, it appears I was mistaken.

Last edited by OtterBooks; 03-26-2011 at 01:00 AM.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote