View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #10
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjust View Post
@Wannabee, do all the link references in the manifest link to the newly created /text directory (as in images, xhtml files etc)
@Adjust - Yep, I'm at home but from memory Sigil rearranged the standard InDesign directory from OPEF with only IMAGES folder to STYLES, TEXT, IMAGES and maybe some other folders as well. (Sorry, it's the first time I used Sigil for a TOC because CS5 wouldn't make an ePub from the file if I selected TOC styles on. Anyway I'm pretty sure it was .../text/filename.xhtml for all the files.
CS5 hung every time I tried to include it's TOC. Maybe that's the culprit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That error indicate there is a line somewhere on one of the pages that has no file name associated with the HREF
"../Text/#foo" is what I usually find. foo is a local anchor name), that lost (or never had) it's file name portion.
It happens, but I have not found a repeatable case to submit
@theducks - Are you kidding me? you must have seen so many errors in your life to come to a conclusion like that from the little info I gave you. Is your middle name Sherlock? I've never seen a foo except on a graffitied wall but I'll certainly do a search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
That's what I meant... I do have that now and then when I split files with endnotes. Unfortunatly I cannot repeat it either...
@Toxaris - I presume you split files in SIgil.....and that's when you have the same message?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjust View Post
Interesting. Because I get the "Fo" everytime I convert an InDesign CS5 back to CS3 without linking the image first... The .INX file screws up the path, but you link the images FIRST before converting to .inx then all is good...

Strange that it appears in the OPF file though
@Adjust - CS5 to CS3 via INX sounds outside my capabilities unless there's a CS4 conversion as well between IDXL (CS5) and INX (CS3). Am I wrong? ( I know it's a bit off topic but I have CS2 at home and......never the two shall meet!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I think you are mis-interpreting the message
It says the a page references the no-file-name anchor AND there is no ENTRY in the OPF for a file with no-file-name

What I dont undestand is why FC does not show the line number for the reference . (Is it a simple case, that a nil filename condition was not handled?)
@theducks - thats what I thought it meant, but that means Sigil somehow missed something while rewriting them.

Remember, When I tried to export this InDesign file to ePub it hung unless I exported it without InDesign's TOC.

HAS THAT HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE YOU KNOW?

I'll check all the Paragraph Styles tomorrow because I'm working from a file for print I inherited from another designer. (Just so you know I'm not a complete dill, I did rework the styles for the eBook before this. Though this is the second time it's happened to me. I could not export to ePub with the InDesign TOC - but could without it. Hence the use of Sigil to create a TOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Well, you could search the code view for '../Text/#'. That would give the culprit.
I love this site and you guys for all the help. AND I get quite a bit of help from (not to be left out) the gals on this site as well.
I'll report back. Thanks

Last edited by wannabee; 02-22-2011 at 07:40 AM. Reason: are you kidding? look at that ridiculously long post
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote