View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 07:37 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajju View Post
Harry: I am sure it says in the TOS that you can't sell it but it's time someone challenged it. If you pay for something you own it and should be allowed to sell it.
That probably depends where you live.

In the US I understand there is something called the "right of first sale" which I suppose may be relevent to this.

In the UK we have no such "right"; the only way to contest this would be to claim that it forms an unfair contract, or that Amazon made insufficient effort to make sure that you were aware of the condition before you bought the book.

As always, though, when you put things into the hands of lawyers you can bet that the only people who are going to come out of it better off are those lawyers .

If you KNOW that you're buying a textbook that you're only going to need for a year, and it does have a reasonable resale value, perhaps you'd be better off simply looking for a 2nd hand paper copy?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote