View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 03:08 PM   #16
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
the next release of calibre will automatically convert ligatures to normal characters.
Yay! I haven't had this problem with earlier versions, and was thinking of going back from 0.7.x - now I'll just wait patiently.

(Hint) Meanwhile I convert to rtf, open in a text editor and do a search&replace for "l " to "ll" which in my eyes makes the text more readable - I prefer the missing spaces, and a few extra l's instead of missing ones for some reason. Then use that text as base for converting to epub. (I also remove the page headers/footers while editing)
June is offline   Reply With Quote