View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
My Kindle Fire 2 arrived today and so did my Gumdrop case. For the price ($129 + $10), it'll make a great stay-at-home cloud media player. The 5.5GB of available storage won't be a problem, because it'll always be connected to the net. So whenever I need anything, I'll just pluck it out of the cloud.

The case is Gumdrop's very rugged Drop Tech Series. It's thick silicone with an integrated screen shield. I got it from Best Buy for $10. Gumdrop is currently selling them for $25 (down from $50). I plan to get this case for my Nexus 7. Unfortunately, that one will set me back $50. It's well worth it though, because I plan to use the Nexus 7 outdoors and this case will provide excellent protection.

Even though the Nexus 7 will be my primary tablet, I'm very glad I got the Fire. It's a quality cloud-based media device and the price was right.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote