View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #29
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Vox
Pulsar, I didn't talk about factory resets, which are of course useful, but about the stock Android recovery (the 'application' if you want). But I meant what you are saying as well, that the recovery isn't totally implemented. Maybe this is an eReader and many people would be shocked to suddenly boot into some strange menu where they can't touch anything.

This morning I went into this recovery - pressing Volume Up before turning the device and turning it on normally. I stay on Volume Up and the device starts working, reboots and all data is gone (except for /sdcard). It doesn't ask for any confirmation, so I don't want to try again right now :-)

For some these may be good news, as I have a working tun.ko! The linux kernel sources from Freescale, with patches applied, can produce a module that the Kobo Vox accepts without further problems. So at least we know we can get (nearly) everything we need for other kernels. Here it is: https://rapidshare.com/files/4125878..._tun.ko.tar.gz
If someone else could please see if it works?

Last edited by hieronymos; 11-16-2011 at 01:05 PM.
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote