View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 01:12 PM   #6
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
Evaluation matrix on a wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami
Tiki has spreadsheets built-in. I have a couple of Tiki installations and could possibly donate space, if that would be helpful. Tiki also has polls and surveys available, so you could let users rate the reliability or ergonomics of various units, trusting that people won't rate units they don't own.
That sounds great Neko! I really need to get up to speed on wikis other than tiddlywiki and this would help. Can we have a spreadsheet that is editable by any visitor? Polls and surveys would be a big help too.

Does anybody know if the mobileread wiki has this capability already?

I suggest we start by trying to define absolute criteria wherein there is no debate over the objective nature of each criterion. This could be used to develop the basic score. This would be useful by itself. The remaining criteria could be the subjective ones -- personal preferences. Thus we would have two sets of criteria. The matrix would display a pre-calculated objective score for each reader.

The user would then be able to generate a total score relative to his/her personal preferences by entering data into the matrix for those criteria that reflect their personal needs. Then the numbers could be crunched over a range of possible readers calculating the subjective score and adding it to the absolute score for a total rating customized for that user.

Maybe it is possible to have poll results feed cells in the spreadsheet.

Last edited by mogui; 02-14-2007 at 01:19 PM.
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote