View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Congrats, Moejoe. I smoked for nearly 30 years (when I started, I could buy a pack of cigarettes for less than 25 cents and a gallon of gas cost 15 cents). I've been smoke free for 15 years and it is a pleasure.

FWIW, once you give up smoking and stay smoke-free, your risk of smoking-related health issues declines rapidly. The hardest time period is the first 3 months; after that it becomes much easier.
Thanks for the support, and it's good to hear how other people quit the habit. Breaking point for me was when I realised I was about to put off buying a book because I would need the money for cigarettes instead. Something snapped in my head and I realised how many books I'd missed out on (a pack of 20 cigs in uk is around £5-6 now, I was buying at least one pack a day plus a pouch of tobacco on top of that per week).
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote