View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
How fast is the EZ as compared to the 700? Also, I can't find anything that really talks about the folder structure - not even on the Mobiebook site, nor on youtube - do you have a link to something?
You might try searching or Hanlin or BeBook to look for videos.

The Hanlin is using the same generation of components as the PRS-505, so it is somewhat slower than the PRS-700.

The folders are just Linux directories - setup whatever structure you want. I have not tried symbolic links (to get the same ebook in multiple folders), but they might work too if you have a Linux desktop to set them up from.

A potential problem is that each directory listing is displayed with only 8 items per screen (so that they can be selected using keys 1-8, keys 9 & 0 are mapped to page turning). So a directory with many items in it requires many screens worth of items. This places a premium on nested directories. I currently use genre/author but if there and many authors genre/authors_abc/author, genre/authors_def/author, etcetera might be faster (or add sub-genres). Notre that each "nest" requires another page turn.

Last edited by wallcraft; 02-12-2009 at 02:33 PM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote