Thread: Bookshelf?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
You can read prc books using Stanza as long as they are not DRM protected.

You can get you books onto your Touch in two ways.

First is to download the Stanza Desktop Client and use that to share books to download onto your Touch. The Disadvantage is that you have to do it for Each individual book, which can be time consuming process.

Another option is to download Cailbre and use the built in Webserver to make books available on your network. You can then Save and read them on your Touch.

While it ma take your a little while to get used to it, once you do, its pretty easy.

Bookshelf dies I believe now offer a free light Version called Bookshelf LT.

I did not have much luck with it, and found it almost unusable and unstable, but YMMW and as its free, you may as well check it out.

eReader is also great, and I've taken to buying more of my newer books in that format so I can just download and read them on the iPhone. I also format shift them to Mobi, for reading on my Cybook.

Mobipocket is apparently working on an app for the iPhone / touch, but nothing concrete has come up yet, so it may yet be while.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote