View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
Amy_k
Zealot
Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Nexus 7
After jmanga's shutdown, I really wanted to support Download to Own manga so I also did some research. As far as I know the only manga publisher allowing digital downloads is Digital Manga and Sublime. Digital Manga supports multiple formats (epub, mobi, cbr...) although you do have to pay $1 for each additional format. Sublime sells watermarked PDFs. They also only sell yaoi/boys' love and the majority of Digital Manga's selections are also yaoi, hentai, and strangely enough Harlequin manga. From what I see on Digital Manga's website, they do have other genres but very slim pickings in SF/F.

I'm more of a Viz manga reader so I was waiting for them to have some sort of download option on their website (also waiting for Dark Horse too). I do know Viz has uploaded their catalog to the Nook store. I downloaded a sample and was able to get an drmed epub. I don't know if a purchased book would get you a different format but it may be worth looking into because backlist titles are being added each week. Fushigi Yugi is already in the store. I wouldn't be surprised if Ranma 1/2 shows up. Yen Press has also uploaded some of their titles and Vertical has started as well.

Hope this helps.
Amy_k is offline   Reply With Quote