View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
They are NOT on the list of supported formats for conversion (the list s given here).

Note that calibre can STORE formats that it cannot convert so maybe that is the confusion?
itimpi, can you tell me where I can see the list of formats that Calibre can store but not convert

Its not the Behaviour->Inputs list, because that does not have .doc, only .docx; but I can drop .doc's into the Book Details panel and they show up as a format.

I think the only thing that Calibre can do with a .doc is to store it in a book folder, open it in the associated program, and open it in a program designated in Open With.

This begs the question, so why can't it store .xls, ppt, mp3, .avi... files and do the same with them ?

thanks BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote