View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Somebody please explain the eggs and beetroot to me? Are the eggs a common thing on a burger? Are the beets at least pickled or something? Why does any of this surprise/concern me considering I'm aware of the existence of Vegamite?
Until Maccas and similar turned up, a burger in Australia had the beef patty with tomato, lettuce, onion and beetroot. The sauce was a choice of tomato or BBQ. Everything but the beetroot was fresh. This usually come sliced out of a can. I assume it is boiled before canning. The onion was slice and cooked with the meat. The influence of the imported chains means that beetroot is not as common now.

Eggs are common as an extra. They are fried next to the beef. If it is cooked properly, the yoke will be nice and gooey.

My burger today was from a new place to me. Not bad, but they forgot the beetroot. I'll remember next time.

As to Vegemite, I don't like it. I've learnt to tolerate it because my wife and kids do. Luckily, I can get away with this as I was born here. But it is part of the citizenship test for anyone moving here
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote