View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #14
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
I'm happy with my Samsung Chromebook. There are rumors of a cheaper Chromebox desktop, I'd be interested in that.
I'm considering a Chromebox as well, ideally an ARM device that was as silent as the Samsung laptop. It sounds as though the current Intel ones do have a small fan and so aren't totally silent.

I'd be willing to pay for something a little more powerful than the laptop version, though. I connected that to my 23" monitor, and though it drove it with no problems, at native resolution, the mouse was a little sluggish, even at the liveliest settings. Not unusable, though, and it's possibly an issue with ChromeOS rather than the power of the laptop itself, I suppose.

But, yes, being able to run my desktop in near silence - with instant on - would be great, with the power of the Windows machine only required when I really need it.

Well worth paying a few hundred pounds for.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote