Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle Paperwhite stuck on boot
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:37 PM   #12
radioactive76
radioactive76 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
<sigh>
I plugged my stock PW running 5.3.1 into my Mac today, and it bricked it. Usually I plug it into the wall, but for some reason, it's now hosed.

The paperwhite boots fine, but immediately drops the the lock screen (without the "swipe to unlock" that's standard). There's no way to unlock it, and resetting the Kindle has the same effect. I upgraded to 5.3.3 in hopes that it would fix it, and reformatted the user partition, but to no avail.

I just got off the phone with Will at Amazon support, Will's final (useless) conclusion was "when you format the user partition, the javascript link between the Fortran and the kernel is broken." Seriously, who hires these people?

Oddly, the Kindle is still connecting over 3G, so I encouraged Will to pull some logs off the device in hopes that it will help diagnose it. He said it takes 3-5 days for development to review the logs.

I'll leave the Kindle charging overnight, but does anyone have any other ideas about getting back to the main when the kindle just decides to lock itself?
radioactive76 is offline   Reply With Quote