View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 04:20 PM   #95
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
People keep saying that the resolution on the PW isn't as good as on the K3, but I find the two to be basically the same, and I love the front light, which I use even in well-lit circumstances (although I must admit that I usually don't read under well-lit circumstances. The reading light over my side of the bed is broken,and illuminates the wall better than it does my book.)
I don't think anybody's saying the resolution is worse (it's demonstrably not -- 600x800 for the old Kindles vs 768x1024 for the new). What people seem to have complaints about is the capacitive touch layer on the screen adding a bit of fuzziness. This is why I like the last generation's IR-based touch. No extra layer on the screen, at the cost of taller bezels (but that's also good, because it means the screen is recessed more and thus more protected from damage). However, to my eyes, I can't really see any noticeable difference between my old Nook STR, my wife's old K3, my new Nook Glow, and my wife's new KPW. The KPW is certainly no worse, though it's maybe not as good as the extra resolution would make you think it would be.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote