View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
@OP:
What twobob said: Check networking to the kindle, all other things are second.
Can you ping the kindle? (On command line, run "ping 192.168.2.2")

The usb network hack seems to be working, since you see the device in Windows.

What irritates me is vncserver in one screenshot that specifies that it is listening on "192.168.2.1, 192.168.2.3". Where does that second IP (.3) come from? Are you on a private (W-)LAN which has a clashing IP address space (i.e. 192.168.2.0/24)?

Did you check the usb network hack documentation that came with the hack? I recognize that IP from my K3, does the KDX network hack use the same addresses? Also check the usb network hack config files. Did you change them?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote