Thread: MobileRead MARCH 2013 *Category* Poll
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #15
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by medard View Post
Come on, guys.. It's not my fault. That was the last christmas hat they had in store..

Anyway: Three votes for Greek Philosophy already! Did I mention that we'll get the book for free, in an exclusive Mobileread version, if Greek Philosophy wins? I can even ask the book designer if he's willing to write the name of each voter into the book. Then we could keep it forever as a nice memory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
If Greek Philosophy doesn't make the final cut, perhaps you could nominate simply Philosophy next time around. Without the "Greek" prefix, it might garner more votes, and you could always nominate Greek works when that month's nominations roll around. Personally, I'd love to see us discussing a philosophical work one month, but I guess you could tell that when I was so quick to second your nomination.
Yes, a philosophy category would be better. That could also include books comparing different philosophy/philosophers. Limiting it to just Greek philosophy is too restrictive. It might be hard to find 10 different ebooks to nominate. This is a thread about monthly categories, not a specific book.

Oh, Tom I was referring to your entire avatar with the comment about it looking Japanese/Chinese. I knew that the top was the hanger for the Christmas tree ornament hook. But know that you mention it that does look a bit like a Chinese hat.