View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #24
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
I dont care about existing books but going forward I think the paper book should be phased out.
Why I wonder? If paper books should be phased out it will be only because no-one is buying them. If people buy them then they are fullfilling a purpose for them.

If it is for ecological/dead tree reasons, I wish they would phase out junk mail as I get at least one paper book's worth every week.

Then there is the paper towel, frozen/takeout food packaging, other packaging, toilet paper and other disposable paper products. A paper book is like drop in the ocean compared to that and gets reused more often than that.

I woud not like to live without toilet paper, but I don't see where I need paper towels and all the packaging and junk mail. Still others must need them I assume, just as others may need paper books.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote