View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #22
paperwastage
Groupie
paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I don't know why their choice of Windows neither.
Linux has better power saving feats, Windows ce has more compatibility and a wider variety of program support.

The original jetbook series software does have some kinks in them.
I love the mini-series, as they consume virtually no battery, but I'm sure once adding pen support and an audio chip, as well as expanding the OS with a variety of programs, they will start consuming more...

Also their jetbook series have nothing out of the ordinary, but an ebook reader, audio player, and picture viewer.
Windows CE does have more compatibility/wider variety of program support (and stuff/features that you can easily remove, like ActiveSync), but I assume that ectaco is writing most stuff from scratch (Besides adding in 3rd party TTS engines, Adobe PDF Digital Editions)

Tried decoding the OS bin files... they aren't of standard Windows CE 6.0 packaged boot / firmware .... guess next step is to open the device up and see if JTAG works, or if they were kind/nice and used an internal microSDHC to provide storage (like the Dell Streak 5)

Last edited by paperwastage; 03-05-2012 at 10:44 PM.
paperwastage is offline   Reply With Quote