View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #357
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
Apple and the others aren't particularly interested in offering what you want. Instead, they want you to want what they offer.
iBooks offers something B&N and Amazon would never offer and that is syncing of sideloaded content across devices. That is definitely something people have asked for from Amazon and B&N and never gotten. This alone has made it my main program for reading. iBooks needs improvements, but I'm finding it to be a very nice program overall. I think some of its limitations are tied to the book like graphical look, but I find the tradeoff worth it as I like the way books look in iBooks, especially when you use landscape mode. The big margins really aren't an issue for me on the iPad because of the large screen size. There is plenty of text on screen at one time for me.

That said I hope Apple gets the message at some point and allows more customization of iBooks in the future.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote