View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
i opened the epub in sigil and then opened all the pieces of the text portion. one by one i separately selected all the text in each of the pieces and then i pressed the decrease indent button at the top (again one by one) to get rid of the offending left margin.

is there any 'select all' function like the standard in windows (in the edit pull down)? further, is there any 'select all' for all the pieces at once? and lastly, is there a better way to accomplish this end result?

thanks
There is actually a much easier way to do this. Look at the XML files and look at the class(es) used and then in the CSS make the left & right margins both 0. That will solve the problem very easily. I do it that way because on my 650 I prefer no margins.

Say the code read... <p class="para"> you would find .para in the CSS and change or add in... margin-left: 0 & margin-right: 0. That would fix the class para to have no margins and usually there's a class like <p class="noindent"> for the paragraphs that have no indents. Do the same fix. And for any other class that needs it.

But if there is a page template file, you'll need to delete it and in the OPF delete the reference to it as well as delete the call to it in all the CSS files.

In the CSS if there is a body style, make the left, right, top, & bottom margins all 0. And if there is an @page declaration, delete it.

And finally if the ePub is a Calibre made ePub, go into all the XML files and delete the @page style it puts in. Calibre puts in a top & bottom margin of 5pt and that is a bug.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote