View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #5521
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I wrote the following paragraph as part of a post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
An example of this is the song Trying To Get The Feeling Again by the Carpenters. The song was considered for inclusion in their album Horizon but was rejected. Decades later, a work lead (essentially a vocal draft of the song) featuring Karen Carpenter's vocals for the song was found. Production of the song was completed and included in the compilation album Interpretations. The Carpenters' version of the song features the original lyrics of the song (which were significant changed in Barry Manilow's hit version of the song). To me, this is an example of a song that likely would never had been heard, but is a song that has become one of my favorite songs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Thanks -- I just went and ordered this CD.
Information on the album: Interpretations in a 25th anniversary collection of songs recorded by the Carpenters that were written by others, and includes both hits and album tracks. This includes the following songs:
  • Rainy Days And Mondays (written by Roger Nichols And Paul Williams)
  • Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft (written by KLATUU)
  • Superstar (written by Leon Russell And Bonnie Bramlett)
  • I Believe You (written by Don & Dick Addrisi)

Now, to take this post off topic:

I wonder how people discovered which items, when combined, became edible food stuffs that are better than the individual components? For example, how did people determine that combining wheat and water would result in bread? Were there several failed attempts before discovering a successful combination? As an example, did they try chopped leaves and water first?
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote