View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #434
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
GLO, it would be nice to have proper page numbering, ie. 1 page per page turn, whatever the font size. Also reduce the size (impact) of the page numbers and remove the 'PG' as in PG. 23 OF 248, 23/248 would suffice.
It's arguable whether or not it would be considered "proper" numbering. By resorting to a "standard" of 1024 characters per page, it provides some consistency to references between someone who uses a 9pt font with no margins and a 24pt font with excessively large margins. If I wanted to tell you to check something out that was on page 233, that would mean absolutely nothing to you because while the same book on my device may be 300 pages, on yours it could be 500 pages.

I wouldn't say that the page numbering as it is now is incorrect; it's certainly not intuitive until you understand how they're doing it, but it has it's benefit rather than doing a completely dynamic page numbering system.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote