View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 08:16 PM   #275
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by khromov View Post
Got the Sage in the mail today. Overall a very nice device. Beatiful and functional sleep cover & the device is fast and responsive. The only thing I lament is that the beautiful amber red screen from earlier generations such as Aura is nowhere to be found. Now the screen goes at most to a "kind-of-yellow" color. Comparison shot below vs Aura which is not even on the highest temperature. There is also more overall ghosting than on the Aura.
Those two photos are an excellent example of how deeply subjective the reading experience is, and why that makes screen quality comparisons difficult and perhaps almost meaningless. For me, that screen on the right looks utterly ghastly, absolutely hideous, I could scarcely imagine any reading experience worse. Which has the bonus effect of making the Sage (and my decision to buy one), look even better.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote