View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #14
denodan
Enthusiast
denodan doesn't litterdenodan doesn't litter

Device: iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Am I right in what I'm seeing? The "official" one just looks like a plastic sleeve, held closed by a rubber band.

Really? For £20 at Amazon UK? (The local distributor here in Australia wants $58 for it. They've got to be kidding !!)

Here are the two I'm considering, both from Amazon UK.

An iGadgitz one or a Tuff-Luv one. Both quite expensive, it seems to me.

What I'm most looking for: a case that will protect the device from scratches to the screen, broken buttons or cracked housing; and that will also allow access to reading from the device comfortably, and also access its buttons and ports without having to repeatedly take the device out of its case, and put it back again when I'm done.

I'd be really grateful for any observations or suggestions people might want to make, especially if you have either of these leather cases or have seen them close-up. It's difficult to decide on such things, when you've only got small(ish) pictures on the internet to make your decision from.
If I where you, I would go for the iGadgitz case. I just got one and will well protect your iriver Story from damage. You can also access the buttons and bottom plugs without removel from the case.

If you need to. It's so easy to get in and out of case. The iriver Story is only held in the 4 corners, but fits nice with no fear of it falling out.

The other one you also list, looks nice, but would seem more of a pain trying to put it in the case, and if you need to remove it for whatever would look a pain.

The iGadgitz is nice and comftable to hold while using your iriver Story and does not interfere with any access to your iriver story. I recommend this case. It tough, looks great and will well protect your iriver Story.

I got mine from here:

http://www.igadgitz.com/products/fin...ry-e-book.html

I live in New Zealand and they are quick in sending them. I got it in about a week after I ordered it, which is fast for us.
denodan is offline   Reply With Quote