View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 03:30 AM   #1
okalyddude
Enthusiast
okalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enough

Device: E600
Calibre not syncing book tags?

Reposting from the sony prs600/700 forum, admin can delete other (no responses yet)

Hi, when I added books to my calibre library, I went through and organized them by tags. I generally find the books I want to read through the 'collections' category.

However, when I add the books to my device, the tags on the books don't follow through, and I have to go through and manually add them again.

The odd thing is, all the collections are created on the 600, but with no books in them...

edit: today after another hookup, the empty collections are gone.. /shrug

Anyone find a solution, other than adding the tags in the calibre database, copying them over, and then adding all the tags again?

The names, authors, etc seem to all be fine.
edit: one type of book format did not transfer correctly, the author got joined with the title, and the author tag left 'unknown' - think this only happened to txt files

Also, when you click to add to your device, does it auto-convert only the files that can't be read on your device to the default device format? I take it there's an option to tell it which formats to convert to what format, etc?

edit:
arg and I just noticed that there is no batch editing for the files on you device. Why? Now I would have to double click on every single 'tags' line and add the tag I want. That is so tedious. Anyone know how to either batch edit tags on the device, or carry the tags over from calibre library to the device?

If using the default sony software in any way will help, let me know. i have not even installed it, simply using calibre (which I love, but is making me angry at the moment)

one more edit:
I'm not sure exactly at what point yesterday this happened, but today all my notes were gone! This was mostly just highlighting and bookmarking, but I'm not really sure if some sync feature in calibre was responsible? the only automatic editing is moving news over, and deleting from calibre, the rest was a manual convert and move to the reader...

Qs:

1) is there yet any way to automatically delete old news from the reader, say, after a certain number of days?

2) is there any way to edit the way that the news is labeled? I have edited it all to be one "tag" and therefore collection, but I would like to remove the [monday] etc portion of the title (and maybe edit a bit more)

3) is there really no batch edit of tags once they are on the reader??

Last edited by okalyddude; 11-19-2009 at 03:49 AM.
okalyddude is offline   Reply With Quote