View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #35
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I can address a couple of your concerns -

You can go into settings (the lines at the top right of the page), reading settings, Page turning, and change it so that the middle zone can turn the page forward. Then it should be easy to turn the page while holding it in your left hand. That same screen is where you can change the page refresh to 1.

I don't plan to turn my wifi back on either.

Yes collections can be managed using a free program called Calibre. There is a forum devoted to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Received it. Every worry I had about touchscreens turns out justified. Can't find a way to hold it in my left hand and flip pages consistently.

Turned wifi off. Don't intend to turn it back on, ever.

Library listing for RTF doesn't show the author, even if it's part of the RTF. RTFs don't have paragraph indents; this is BAD. I don't want to have to insert tabs or 5 spaces in front of the paragraph text.

Navigation from inside a book back to the list of books is very clunky. It seems to require going back to the beginning of the library and shows 5 per page. I don't see a way to sort by date; it looks like this'd be useless with a library of over 50 books, much less 500. (Maybe there's collection options built into the software that I'm not using.)

Text clarity is variable. About one page in five is crisp, clear, gorgeous. The rest are spotty, with ghosting through the letters--I guess that's the problem with a lack of complete page-blink. The "spotty" pages aren't bad, just a tiny bit worse than the PRS-600 I'm otherwise using.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote