View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #32
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Come to think of it, you only need 2 settings:

1- Off: the majority of the time, when reading in daylight
2- on: A faint backlight to make it readable in pitch black dark rooms.

Anywhere between pitch black environments, and daylight, one can either turn on or off the backlight. The weak backlight would be improved by environment light, so the lighter it gets, the less you need to depend on the backlight.

As long as you got these 2 bases covered, to be able to read comfortably in pitch black rooms, and to be able to turn it off in daylight; you have basically covered all possible situations.
I don't see the need for making the led backlight as bright as tablets or LCD's.
It would seem so. Realistically you only need one setting. The problem is that that setting depends on personal taste. Mine is 12, my wife's is at 14. That is the only setting we need - it is too cumbersome to mess with the light level. It looks good in darkness, and when there is enough light it just simply disappears (gets less noticable). One setting fits all. We don't care that it could last longer - it is just the way it is - part of the energy consumption under normal usage. Because normal usage is really independent from the ambient light.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote