View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
Aquinas, St. Thomas - Summa Theologica, 16 Jan 2008

St. Thomas Aquinas' seminal work the "Summa Theologica" is a work that is still used as a reference in many theology classes both in the Catholic Church and in many other orthodox christian churches. It is a most exhaustive works on the subject ever written - indeed it is mind boggling that it could have been written by a single individual.

As such it presents a manifold number of challenges on how to publish it, let alone publishing it in an ebook format. The attached file "Summa1.lrf" is an attempt to arrive a some working compromises in an ebook publication. For example there are quite a large number of references within the book to itself, to scripture and to other documents. In web publications it is possible to link in such references so that they can be had by a simple press of a button. Preserving such links is fraught with problems. Among which are copyrights. bloating of the files and others. The links alone make the files difficult to load and read while file size can can make a book difficult to load and (one more example) large TOCs can cause parsin and other format problems.

That being understood attached file Summa1.lrf is offered for what it may be worth. It contains the first 43 questions from the Summa. I expect that will be about 13 or so books in the library by the time I have comleted the entire SUMMA. Please look at it critically and let me have your comments before I begin the next volume.

Last edited by Deputy-Dawg; 01-17-2008 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete file
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote