Thread: Upgrade or not?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim G View Post
I've had my Sony PRS-300 for over a year now, and I really do enjoy it. Since I bought it (at $200) prices on other ereaders with more storage and built in wifi have come down drastically. I'm no where near the storage limit on my Sony, and I really don't mind the USB hook up to transfer books. Yet I'm still wrestling with the temptation to fork over more money on a fancy new reader. (the power of advertising...)
I've had my eye on the Kobo w/ wifi since it came out, and have played with it in Borders numerous times. I'm not really into the Kindle or Nook because I don't want to be limited to only 1 site to download from.

So my question is; any Sony people out there moved on to another reader?
-or-
Anyone see any legitimate reason to own two readers?

Thanks for helping me with my indecisiveness!
You are not limited to one store for either the Kindle or the Nook. The Nook prides itself on being an EPub reader that can read books from Sony and Kobo as well as BN.

Both the Kindle and the Nook can buy books from independent book stores.

Finally, all of the bookstores are open to people who are willing to strip DRM and convert books.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote