View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 05:49 PM   #11
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You can patch the library.zip, I think, on Windows. On linux everything is in /opt/calibre/lib/python2..7/site-packages/calibre, but unfortunately for patching, there is only *.pyo files there.
You could download the right version from github, patch that, and optimize it (or not), then put that in.

You can also do: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html which is honestly a lot easier.

P.S. If you build from git sources, you can do a:
Code:
python2 setup.py bootstrap # do build, resources, and translations -- plus dependencies
sudo python2 setup.py develop
The re-run the bootstrap whenever changes touch the C++ extensions.
Yes, I do that.
I asked for that bootstrap command, it is fairly new. Up until now, building resources/translations has been a bit mysterious unless you use the versioned tarballs.

Last edited by eschwartz; 07-24-2015 at 06:07 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote