View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 03:19 PM   #10
Colerson
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberman tM View Post
Is this thread still up to date? I searched for "original format" and found this thread.

Are there plans to add in a "initial format" marker? I'd really like to have that as well. Just bought another book on Amazon that I immediately converted to ePub. Timestamp is different, of course, but just for a few minutes...

IMO it would be great if the initial import format could be simply highlighted by bolding it in the right-hand information display.

(I'll survive without it, of course. Calibre is doing a great job already.)
I've made a patch for Calibre which add a new “initial format” column and automatically populates it whenever a new book is added. It also includes a patch to automatically use the initial format as the preferred input source when converting.

I've attached the patch here: the first part does the actual creation of the column and adds the books to it, the second does the conversion selection. You can remove the second part and still get the initial format column.

This is a source patch, so it only works if you're building Calibre yourself, or possibly you can patch installed .py files (I don't know how Calibre is packaged for various operating systems, as I always build from source). It's quite possibly more trouble than it's worth for most people.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 01-initial-format.txt (1.7 KB, 119 views)