View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #17
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J. Sellers View Post
Most readers discover new authors through word-of-mouth recommendations, social networking, online browsing/blogs, and book discussion groups. Yes, sometimes recommendations come from bookstore clerks, but it's only a tiny part of the overall picture.
This is basically how my wife and I decide on new authors. She is the one that reads a vast majority of books by midlist authors and independent publishers and she will also spend hours reading samples of books on Fictionwise to find new books that may interest her. She reads sometimes a dozen books a week so she is always looking for something new.

We have no nearby small book stores left and I can't think of the last time an employee at Barnes & Noble or Borders even seemed knowledgeable much less had a good book suggestion. There used to be a mystery bookstore I went to that turned me on to many great authors, but those days are gone.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote