View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #5
echoleaf
Connoisseur
echoleaf doesn't litterecholeaf doesn't litterecholeaf doesn't litter

Device: Bebook, Cybook or eSlick?
Thanks Wallcraft - your insight helps quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
In the US the Hanlin V3 is sold as the EZ Reader. It is possible to order the BeBook from Europe, but shipping is faster for the EZ Reader.
Much thanks - I hadn't considered the shipping. Cost is a tad lower too.

Quote:
like the EZ Reader's directory support, which is a big help if you have a lot of ebooks.
Since I'll be sharing the device with my wife, this would be a real help. So would the bundle with 2 sd-cards since my wife & I can split them and have our own 'bookshelves...'

A couple of other reviews on the forum say that PDF support is good too.

Quote:
Buying for the Kindle is extremely easy, even without Whispernet. If convenience is paramount, then the Kindle is best.
Convenience sounds great, but I won't be able to buy the Kindle in the next month:-(

Quote:
The Cybook (available in the US from Books on Board) may today have better MOBI support than the EZ Reader, but Hanlin has a much shorter software upgrade cycle than Bookeen and it is catching up. The Cybook does not have directory support. The EZ Reader does not have dictionary support.
I noticed the firmware upgrades listed on the Hanlin Gen3 wiki page. I think this would make a difference in the long-run. Much thanks - this is really helpful. Looks like it's down to the EZ Reader & Cybook, with the edge to the EZ Reader. I really wish I could get my hands on these to get a feel for them...
echoleaf is offline   Reply With Quote