View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 06:46 PM   #20323
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I'm currently housesitting in rural MN, so every time I drive somewhere (easily 20 and more miles one way), I listen to Warriors Apprentice by Lois Bujold. I'm nearly 1/3 of the way through just driving. I've been using one of those handsfree around-the-ear speakers for smart phones to listen and WOW, way nicer than dealing with wires. The bluetooth speaker suction cup only works for music as the road noise drowns out speech (old vehicle). Yes, I know, those of you who commute daily, this is same old-same old, but I stopped commuting over a decade ago, so new to me!
I listen the same way. I only listen to books when I'm the only one in the car, so it could take a long time to complete a book. (I'm rarely alone in the car!) I'm fortunate that my car has a mini-jack for auxiliary input, so the audio book plays through the car's speakers and the on-the-steering volume control works very well. I just wish I had an easy "pause" button.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote