View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Looks like my K3 finally died (updated, maybe not)

The other day I noticed that my K3 was showing a yellow charging light even though it had been on the charger for a while. I didn't think much about it until this morning. I took it off the charger, downloaded a few books I intended to look at this morning wile I was waiting on a friend at the VA, and then turned it off.

A few minutes later I'm ready to go. I pick up my K3, slide the button over and .... nothing. I put it back on the charger and still nothing, even when I came back a few hours later, it's still the same screensaver and now charging light.

I think it might be really and truly dead, and it's six months past its two-year warranty.

I'll miss it. It's been a trusty and faithful servant for several years. Ah well, now I have an excuse to look at the new Paperwhites.

Quick update! I sat and held the power switch and just kept holding it way past the 20 seconds and the charging light suddenly clicked on. It might be working, but the battery is now suspect.

Last edited by carld; 01-31-2013 at 12:56 PM.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote